What makes us better
We offer dinnerware safe ceramic pet fountains that are handcrafted in the USA. Ebi, an award winning artist and the designer of the EBI fountain, worked as an electrical engineer in one of Germanys largest pharmaceutical and chemical companies for 25 years. His design is based on scientific and medically recognized principles and materials that support the health of your pet. Hundreds of experienced cat lovers have purchased an EBI fountain because the other brands just didn't make the grade.
What makes EBI fountains better?
1. Ceramic pet fountains that have holes for cords or tubes can leak after a few months. Dishwashers and cleaning methods can often cause the materials used to seal the hole, such as silicon or glues, to fail resulting in leaks. The bowls of ceramic EBI fountains do not have any holes and therefore cannot leak.
2. Pumps with grounded electrical cords (three prongs) plugged into an outlet with class A GFCIs (6mA) will only protect between line and ground but not between line and neutral. That's why your pet could still be harmed if he/she chews through such a cable. We use only safe low-voltage aquarium pumps. Since the low-voltage transformer plugs directly into your outlet, only about the power of 2 to 4 AA or D-cells is going along the power cord to your pump (so much too low of a voltage to hurt kitty even if he/she chews through the cord). And these pumps, unlike the "powerful pumps" competitors tout, will not heat up the water in your fountain.
3. The only effective charcoal filter is an inline filter. Charcoal filters that simply sit inside a water container are worthless and ineffective. We use inline charcoal filters with up to 10 times the amount of charcoal that competitor's filters contain.
4. Copper pipes may leak copper into water. EPA regulates copper in drinking water to protect public health. Copper may cause health problems if present in public or private water supplies in amounts greater than the drinking water standard set by EPA. (See: US Environmental Protection Agency, Basic Information about Copper in Drinking Water.)
We use FDA compliant beverage grade tubing made in the USA.
5. Studies have documented that cats will drink much more water when the water level is near the top of the container. Cats don't like to put their head into a container that reduces their peripheral vision, which is a valuable evolutionary adaptation to protect a cat from predators while the cat is drinking. The EBI fountain is the only pet fountain that has a lid from which the cat can drink at a constant easily accessable level and a large water reservoir underneath. You can even connect an Ebi fountain to your bottled water dispenser (e.g. Crock, Primo, New Wave, etc.) to provide up to 7 gallons of pure drinking water (2 gallon capacity water dispenser plus up to 5 gallon drinking water bottle). click for more info.
6. Our fountains can be made "mischievous pet safe" like no other fountain can. See our "Coon" fountain as an example. click for more info.
7. Any of our fountains can be battery operated using a battery that our pump plugs into. click for more info.
The bottom line is that our EBI pet drinking fountains are engineered for health, safety, durability and to be a beautiful addition to your home.